Published on October 5, 2020
Data updated through Q2 of 2020
The move towards a highly interconnected, IoT-driven healthcare industry has made the development of Smartphone Market Analysis for Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Developers essential for companies looking to stay ahead of the curve.
Smartphone applications, in particular, are at the forefront of the shift in how care is being delivered. With more than four out of five American adults owning a smartphone, developing the right Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy for smartphone apps that connect to devices and standalone mobile medical apps requires an acute understanding of the smartphone consumer, the smartphone market, and upcoming trends.Yes, I want to download this white paper!
Smartphone Market Analysis for Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Developers is the latest in a quarterly series of white papers that analyzes current and evolving smartphone market developments to help companies developing for CMMD or SaMD understand key trends and capture more market share for their products.
This white paper will help you answer questions (using data updated through Q2 of 2020) such as:
- What smartphones and operating systems are consumers using?
- What are the demographics of smartphone users?
- How quickly are users substituting new smartphones and operating system versions in place of old ones?
- What are the trends for Bluetooth 5.0 adoption, and when should you target Bluetooth 5.0 for your connected device solution?
- What are the BYOD strategies of major medical device companies?
- Which recent developments may impact my smartphone strategy?