The move towards a highly interconnected, IoT-driven healthcare industry has made the development of mobile health applications, connected medical devices, and software as a medical device (SaMD) essential for companies looking to stay ahead of the curve.
Smartphone applications, in particular, are at the forefront of the shift in how care is being delivered. With more than four out of five American adults owning a smartphone, developing the right Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy for smartphone apps that connect to devices and standalone mobile medical apps requires an acute understanding of the smartphone consumer, the smartphone market, and upcoming trends.
Smartphone Market Analysis for Connected Medical Devices & SaMD is the first in a quarterly series of white papers that analyzes current and evolving smartphone market developments to help companies developing for connected devices and/or SaMD understand key trends and capture more market share for their products.
We’ll help you answer questions such as:
- What smartphones and operating systems are consumers using?
- What are the demographics of smartphone users?
- How quickly are users substituting new smartphones and operating system versions in place of old ones?
- What are the trends for Bluetooth 5.0 adoption, and when should you target Bluetooth 5.0 for your connected device solution?
- What are the BYOD strategies of major medical device companies?
- Are there recent smartphone developments that may impact my smartphone strategy?
Download Your Whitepaper Now